1. Name and Contact Details of the Data Controller
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union (EU) and other data protection provisions is:
IndustryArena GmbH, Katzbergstraße 3, 40764 Langenfeld, Deutschland
+49 2173 89 33 2 00
2. Data Protection Officer
You may reach our data protection officer under firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.1 “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
3.2 “Special categories of personal data“ means data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, as well as genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
3.3 Besides that, the (further) definitions of Art. 4 GDPR shall apply.
The operator of the website or the software installed on the server is using cookies. Cookies are data stored on the computer system of the user by the internet browser. The cookies can be transferred to a site when a site is accessed and thereby allow for the user to be identified. Cookies help to facilitate the use of websites for the users by allowing for extended functionalities (e.g. entering of password dispensable). Cookies merely save your login information and, usually, cannot cause any harm to your computer. You may define the storage period for your cookie in the browser settings and delete cookies from your computer yourself at any time. Cookies are a technical necessity in order to verify you as a registered user. We therefore point out that if cookies are deactivated, it might not be possible to use all functions of our website to the full extent.
5. Server Log Data (Log Files)
For technical reasons, the operator of this website automatically stores and collects server log data (log files) that are transmitted by your browser. We will not allocate the data stored by the server to any natural persons. The following data may be collected in this respect:
- Information on the browser type and the version used
- The operating system of the user
- The internet service provider of the user
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user’s system reached our website (referrers)
- Websites that are accessed by the user’s system via our website
The processing of the data serves to deliver the contents of our website, to guarantee functionality of our information technology systems and to optimize our website. In doing so, the data of the log files are always stored separately from other personal data of the user.
Please understand that the log files are absolutely necessary for the security and protection of this website.
6. Data Transfer to Third Parties
6.1 As a matter of principle, the following applies: Personal user data will not be transferred, sold or otherwise made accessible to third parties, against payment or without payment, in any case.
6.2 Exceptions will only be made
- if there is a legal obligation in this respect,
- with regard to our cooperation partner IndustryArena LLC, USA, and
- in the context of a product request made by a user to machine manufacturers with regard to name, professional title, company name and contact data (vCard) after express declaration of consent.
6.3 In the case of a misuse of our offers, attacks or a publication of illegal content, we will only hand over or transfer the data transmitted if required to do so by court order.
7. Data Security on the Internet
We point out that when data are transmitted on the internet (e.g. by email communication), there may be security gaps. Full protection of the data from third party access is not possible. However, we assure you that we use all reasonable measures that are available to us to defend against such criminal energy.
8. Contact Options
Via our ticket system, you may contact us at any time in an easy manner. If you contact us via this system, the personal data you transfer will automatically be stored. Such storage is only made for processing purposes or to make contact with you. The data will not be transferred to third parties.
9. Use of Google Analytics
9.1 This website is being analyzed using cookies via Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and allow for an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie on the use of this website are usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If the IP anonymization on this website is activated, however, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or in other countries which are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The analysis of this website enables us to make the offer more attractive to you and to optimize our offer (legitimate interests).
9.2 Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on our behalf in order to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the site activities and to provide further services to us associated with the use of the site and the internet. The IP address that is transferred by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data of Google.
9.3 You may adjust your browser software to prevent the installation of the cookies; however, please note that in this case, you will probably not be able to use all functions of this website in full. In addition, you can avoid that the data produced by the cookies in relation to your using the website (including your IP address) are stored and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin that is available under the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
10. Use of Matomo
10.2 We use Matomo to analyse how our website is used and to continuously improve individual functions and offers, as well as the user experience. By conducting a statistical analysis of user behaviour, we are able to improve our offering and make it more interesting to you as a user. Herein also lies our legitimate interest in processing the aforementioned data.
10.3 You can prevent this analysis from taking place by deleting existing cookies and deactivating the storing of cookies in your browser’s settings menu. We would like to point out that should you choose to do so, it is possible that not all functions on this website will be usable to their full extent.
11. Embedding of YouTube Videos
11.1 We have embedded YouTube videos on our website that are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and may be played directly from our website. [These are all embedded in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data relating to you as the user will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only once you play the videos, the data stated in lit. 2 will be transferred. We do not have any influence on this data transfer.] The legal basis for the embedding of YouTube videos is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
11.2 As a result of your visiting the website, YouTube will receive the information that you have visited the respective sub-page of our website. Moreover, the data stated in lit. 3 of this statement will be transferred. This is irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account with which you are logged-in or whether there is no user account. If you are logged into Google, your data will be directly allocated to your account. If you do not wish to be allocated with your YouTube profile, you have to logout before you activate the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for marketing purposes, market research and/or the tailored design of their website. In particular, such an analysis is carried out (even for users who are not logged-in) in order to provide tailored advertising and in order to inform other users of the social networks about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; please contact YouTube in order to exercise this right.
11.3 Please find more information on the purpose and extent of the data collection and their processing by YouTube in the YouTube (Google) privacy statement. You may also receive additional information there on your rights and options to adjust settings to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
12. Erasure and Blocking of Personal Data
12.1 We process and store personal data of the data subject only as long as this is required to achieve the purpose for storing. There may be storing beyond this if this was intended by the European or national legislator in Union law regulations, laws or other rules the controller has to abide by.
12.2 As soon as the purpose of storing lapses or a storage period required by the aforementioned rules expires, the personal data will be routinely blocked or erased.
13. Rights of the User (Data Subject)
If your personal data are being processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR. You are entitled to the following rights vis-à-vis us as the controller:
13.1 Right to Information
13.1.1 You may request from us a confirmation as to whether we process your personal data. If there is such processing, you may request information from the controller on the following:
- the purposes for which the personal data are being processed;
- the categories of personal data that are being processed;
- the recipient or the categories of recipients to whom your personal data were disclosed or will yet be disclosed, if any;
- the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- all available information on the source from which the personal data originate, if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
13.1.2 You have the right to request information as to whether your personal data will be transferred to a third country or an international organization. In this context, you may request to be informed on the suitable safeguards pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
13.2 Right to Rectification
You have the right to rectification and/or completion towards us, provided that your personal data that are processed are incorrect or incomplete. We have to make the rectification without undue delay.
13.3 Right to Restriction of Processing
13.3.1 On the following condition, you may request restriction of processing of your personal data:
- if you contest the accuracy of the personal data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
13.3.2 Where processing has been restricted, such personal data shall – with the exception of storage – only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
13.3.3 If you have obtained restriction of processing pursuant to the abovementioned requirements, we will inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted.
13.4 Right to Erasure
13.4.1 You shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data concerning you are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based according to Art. 6 (1a) or Art. 9 (2a) GDPR, and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for such processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2);
- the personal data concerning you have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data concerning you have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which we are subject;
- the personal data concerning you have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 (1) GDPR.
13.4.2 Where we have made the personal data concerning you public and are obliged to erase the personal data pursuant to Art. 17 (1) GDPR or pursuant to lit. 18.4.1 above, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, we shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
13.4.3 There is no right to erasure to the extent that processing is necessary
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which we are subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
13.5 Right to Notification
13.5.1 If you have exercised the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of processing vis-à-vis us, we are obliged to inform each recipient to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
13.5.2 We shall inform you about those recipients if you request it.
13.6 Right to Data Portability
13.6.1 You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
13.6.2 Moreover, you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us, where
- the processing is based on consent pursuant to Article 6 (1a) GDPR or Article 9 (2a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1b) GDPR; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
13.6.3 In exercising this right, you also have the right to have the personal data concerning you transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. This must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
13.6.4 The right to data portability shall not apply to processing of personal data that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
13.7 Right to Object
13.7.1 You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on Article 6 (1e) or (1f), including profiling based on those provisions.
13.7.2 We shall no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
13.7.3 Where personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
13.7.4 Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
13.7.5 In the context of the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, you may exercise your right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
13.8 Right to Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to withdraw your declaration of consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
13.9 Automated Decision in the Individual Case including Profiling
13.9.1 You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning yourself or similarly significantly affects you. This shall not apply if the decision
- is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and us,
- is authorized by Union or Member State law to which we are subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests; or
- is based on your explicit consent.
13.9.2 However, these decisions shall not be based on special categories of personal data referred to in Article 9 (1) GDPR, unless point (a) or (g) of Article 9 (2) GDPR applies and suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests are in place.
13.9.3 In the cases referred to in section 18.9.1 1. number 1 and 3 (see Art. 22 (2) a. and c. GDPR), we will implement suitable measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express your point of view and to contest the decision.
13.10 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
13.10.1 Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of the personal data relating to you infringes the General Data Protection Regulation.
13.10.2 The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Article 78 GDPR.
14. Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
14.1 Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject to the processing of his or her personal data, Article 6 (1) a GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
14.2 Article 6 (1b) GDPR shall serve as the legal basis for processing which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party. This shall also apply to processing that is required prior to entering into a contract.
14.3 Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, Article 6 (1c) GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
14.4 If processing of personal data is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person, Article 6 (1d) GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
14.5 If processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party and where such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, Article 6 (1f) GDPR shall serve as the legal basis for such processing. Our legitimate interest is the offering of our services.
15. Reservation of Right to Alteration of this Privacy Statement
This privacy statement is effective as of January 2019.
As a result of the further development of our website or individual parts of the website, the change of our services and offers, or due to a changed legal basis, it might become necessary to change the privacy statement. We will make reference to any changes made.